Cool Monkey Fact (Olive Baboon)

Would you like such Facts in the future?

• Total voters

Barro

Sep 25, 2022

Todays monkey is the Olive Baboon, its also called the Anubis Baboon.​

220px-Olive_baboon_Ngorongoro.jpg The Olive Baboon is a member of the Cercopithecidae Old World Monkey family. The Species is the most Wide ranging of all baboons. Native in about 25 countries ranging throughout Africa. Some populations(isolated) are also seen in mountainous regions of the Sahara Desert. The name "Olive Baboon" was derived because the baboon looked greenish grey from a far. Its also got complex social structure.

Characteristics​

Its coat is greenish grey looking from a far, at a closer range it is multi coloured. On the face of the baboon the hair is more coarse and ranges from dark grey to black. The male olive baboon differs from the female in terms of weight body and canine tooth size males are on average 70 m (28 in) tall while standing and females measure 60 cm (24 in) in height.

Distribution and habitat​

Olive_Baboon_area.png The species inhabits a strip of 25 equatorial African countries very nearly ranging from the east to west coasts of the continent .The exact boundaries of this strip are not clearly defined as the species territory overlaps with that of other baboon species. In many places, this has resulted in cross-breeding between species.

Diet​

One major reason for its widespread success is that the olive baboon is omnivorous and like other baboons will eat practically anything. It is able to find nutrition in almost any environment and is able to adapt with different foraging tactics. For instance the olive baboon in grassland goes about finding food differently from one in a forest. The baboon forages on all levels of an environment above and beneath the ground and in the canopy of forests. Most animals only look for food at one level an arboreal species such as a lemur does not look for food on the ground. The olive baboon searches as wide an area as it can, and it eats virtually everything it finds.

I hope this enlightened you on Baboons, Ive created a poll to see if you like this kind of stuff. Give +rep if you liked and goodbye. -ice

Tremic

Dec 27, 2021
This did enlighten me on baboons, I voted on the poll so you can see I like this kind of stuff. I give +rep. Goodbye, -Tremic