Denied Economical system and tax system and the adding of government in a limited role

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Apr 9, 2021
What will it add to the Server? Adding government Back

The plan is to add a logistical system and budget to the server this will give a sense of value to your vehicles and equipment
The aim is to add a system to expand and build Factories on worlds to help RP fund the logistical system

- A lot of new RP Opportunities for the RP Regiment’s of the server
- As well as a new event type that will have a direct impact on the logistical system

Finally, a system where captured tanks can be recovered and sold for Capital

How will Government Build and Expand?
The government will pay a number of credits to then expand a newly liberated planet

How will the tax system work?
When we capture a Planet it will pay taxes for 1 month
If the empire builds a Mine or Fields on a Planet it will make more capital

How will the Goods System work?
If the Empire retakes a Space Station owned by KDY we will receive a 50-75% of the next let's say 10 ATAT for an example

How will this affect the server?
It will affect the server in a Major way by adding Importance to all Vehicles and operations as well as adding tons of new RP for Navy Army SFC Medical and many more
It will also add Government back on the Server

Additional Notes/Relevant Links
in-depth of all the mechanics
a look into Prices and how can look when finished [its a Mockup]

Most of this will be RP and Passive RP and please leave some feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ Gaming

Wallace

Dec 13, 2021
This is crazy in depth and quite obviously you've put an insane amount of time and effort into this.

But...
I don't think turning the Garry's Mod ImperialRP server into a Bureaucratic Economy Management for the sake of one job (Government) is worth it. Also, this is some super niche thing that I don't think people are gonna look at and think "Damn, that looks fun! I want to try this!". At the end of the day its a SWRP server, not HOI4. People don't wanna log on and have to do their taxes.

Tremic

Dec 27, 2021
You have clearly put a lot of time and effort into this and it's something you seem highly interested in, however I completely agree with Wallace as turning a role play server into have a full economic system and management formula is pretty ridiculous in my eyes and I think most of the community would agree with me. The whole point of a role play server is to get away from reality and enjoy a unique experience, adding an economic system and tax format does not achieve this, people would not want to log onto the server and be like "I have my tax returns at the end of the month, I can't wait!!"

Davidson

Sep 3, 2021
Huge -1 this is a no brainer, this is sooooo large and I can tell it would have taken you literally 10s of hours if not a lot more. Most people get on Gmod to escape from reality not to do taxes with this most of us have long days at work/college/school and whatever so we wouldn't want to come home to then have to do taxes as a CO after a deployment to calculate how much tax I owe the government. Most of the servers pop are under 18 and if they don't study business or anything simular wouldn't have a clue on what to do. Remember we are a Semi- serious server and I wouldn't even think any serious server would go to such depths. But again this clearly took a long time to make so a big well done for that.

David

Apr 9, 2021
Huge -1 this is a no brainer, this is sooooo large and I can tell it would have taken you literally 10s of hours if not a lot more. Most people get on Gmod to escape from reality not to do taxes with this most of us have long days at work/college/school and whatever so we wouldn't want to come home to then have to do taxes as a CO after a deployment to calculate how much tax I owe the government. Most of the servers pop are under 18 and if they don't study business or anything simular wouldn't have a clue on what to do. Remember we are a Semi- serious server and I wouldn't even think any serious server would go to such depths. But again this clearly took a long time to make so a big well done for that.
Yes i can understand your point however most of this will just be Government doing all the paperwork the Players will at Most Tell if they lost something like a tank or a Ship if even that

Lucanut

Sep 29, 2022
I am going to stay neutral on this one. It has its positives and negatives considering the RP.

I believe if it gains a Majority of +1s it could at least be tested to see if the idea is successful and can be fully implemented.

-Luca

Reactions: David

CamTheWizard

Administrator
Sep 1, 2021
+1

Within the Navy, we already do something like this: we will go to a shipyard and talk about prices, models of ships ETC. I think this could evolve how we role-play and make this server VERY unique because we have this system.

It will not be easy to set up however, most things that are good, unique and valuable are hard to obtain and everyone would have everything they wanted without putting in work/effort if it was not the case.

It would also allow the more "passive RP" regiments to have more opportunities to role-play, show off their skills, have fun and have a more immersive and Star Wars accurate experience whilst playing.

It could be managed by the Heads of regiments working together so not one person has to do it all.

I think it would also let the EP team do some new and interesting events in between the main events.

In my opinion, this could really help grow the server by having a cool novelty Factor and take it to the next level of "Star Wars immersion" .

Corey

Mar 1, 2022
This would be super cool to have, not only due to the direct RP advantages but also because it could help give people the feeling of the events actually having an impact. E.g. we capture a agricultural world (like Lothal, Chandrila, Nathema, etc. etc.), so we loot their crops, save credits on food and can sell excess to the market.

As long as it is tested and proven to work, I think it would be worth the extra work and also attract new players, due to no other servers (to my knowledge) having something even close to this in-depth.

+1

Ballistic Dog

Management Team
Management Team
Jul 20, 2022
Denied.

Its just unneeded and adds things which would turn into a chore than a pleasure over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.