Monkey Fact you need to know about

icee

Apr 10, 2022
Vervet monkey, or simply vervet, is an Old World monkey of the family Cercopithecidae native to Africa. The term "vervet" is also used to refer to all the members of the genus Chlorocebus. The vervet monkey eats a primarily herbivorous diet, living mostly on wild fruits, flowers, leaves, seeds, and seed pods. In agricultural areas, vervets become problem animals, as they raid bean, pea, young tobacco, vegetable, fruit, and grain crops. Animal foods of their diet include grasshoppers and termites. In addition to behavioral research on natural populations, vervet monkeys serve as a nonhuman primate model for understanding genetic and social behaviors of humans.

Personal Note i think that this species thrives in being not extinct and is very far away from dying out.

vervet-monkey-wildlife-animal.jpg

Attachments

• vervet-monkey-wildlife-animal.jpg
    vervet-monkey-wildlife-animal.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
D

Deleted member 362

respectable opinion although I do think that gorillas are better than monkeys.

Alpha

Management Team
Management Team
Oct 27, 2021
Vervet monkey, or simply vervet, is an Old World monkey of the family Cercopithecidae native to Africa. The term "vervet" is also used to refer to all the members of the genus Chlorocebus. The vervet monkey eats a primarily herbivorous diet, living mostly on wild fruits, flowers, leaves, seeds, and seed pods. In agricultural areas, vervets become problem animals, as they raid bean, pea, young tobacco, vegetable, fruit, and grain crops. Animal foods of their diet include grasshoppers and termites. In addition to behavioral research on natural populations, vervet monkeys serve as a nonhuman primate model for understanding genetic and social behaviors of humans.

Personal Note i think that this species thrives in being not extinct and is very far away from dying out.

View attachment 80
Seems Like an Interesting passion of yours i'm sure you can progress further with the knowledge of such an animal