Denied Engineer Fortification/Building Datapad Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2022
Suggestion: Engineer Fortification/Building Datapad Additions

The engineers are quite a support role regiment in premise, providing ammo, defenses and vehicles. But there are quite a few things that the engineers can't build. This could be, AT-ATs, the TIE Interceptor/Striker/Bomber, LAATs, AT-TEs and even maintenance stations. Simply put, my suggestion would be to add these vehicles to the engineers datapad so that they could build them.

How will this affect the server?: Generally speaking, this can give engineers more involvement with regiments depending on what they want. They might be granted the usage of an AT-AT and instead of having it flown in they could begin building it themselves with Main Forces needing to defend them while they do so. SFC wouldn't need to ask the EPs for Interceptors, Bombers, LAATs or maintenance stations in order to re-arm with bombs or repair their vehicles. The same concept can be applied with AT-TEs being granted for IC, instead of having it dropped in the engineers could instead build it and build more cooperation and working between the two regiments, outside of simply needing ammo.

It also just means that if there are engineers on the EP doesn't need to worry about being asked for a vehicle 4 times when the engineer could just be asked once and start building it. Same situation with the maintenance station.

Additional Notes/Relevant Links: If this isn't possible due to game limitations with the addon then that's fair enough, I'm not too knowledgeable on the addon itself.

Wallace

Dec 13, 2021
+1

Overall I think it's a good idea to expand the arsenal of what the Engineers can build and provide. Allowing them to build maintenance stations will take a load off of EPs from having to be distracted to place them mid event and will keep SFC happy (hopefully). However, I don't think that allowing them to build AT-ATs is a great idea since its kind of impractical. Also it looks so much cooler having an AT-AT dropped in from a Y-45.

Aug 16, 2022
+1

Overall I think it's a good idea to expand the arsenal of what the Engineers can build and provide. Allowing them to build maintenance stations will take a load off of EPs from having to be distracted to place them mid event and will keep SFC happy (hopefully). However, I don't think that allowing them to build AT-ATs is a great idea since its kind of impractical. Also it looks so much cooler having an AT-AT dropped in from a Y-45.
I see your point of not being allowed to build AT-ATs from a logic standpoint, plus having it dropped in for them beforehand does look much nicer. I'm sure engineers wouldn't mind not being able to build it, just as long as they can still use it every now and again on maps that allow it.

Senzuwa

Forums Moderator
Aug 16, 2022
youtube.com
None of your points for adding it are even allowed on the server so I don't know what the point in posting this was. IC don't get AT-TEs and the SFC don't get interceptors, bombers or anything like that anymore.

Simon272717

Jan 17, 2022
None of your points for adding it are even allowed on the server so I don't know what the point in posting this was. IC don't get AT-TEs and the SFC don't get interceptors, bombers or anything like that anymore.
SFC Offier gets Interceptors and SFC gets to fly Bombers

Senzuwa

Forums Moderator
Aug 16, 2022
youtube.com
SFC Have 3 Squads, they have access to interceptors, Strikers and Bombers at LCPL/Leading Spacecraftsman if they wish to join
That is for the ISD events. This is a planetary. They do not get those. Please immerse yourself in the server rules before trying to correct people.

Yamato

Apr 4, 2022
That is for the ISD events. This is a planetary. They do not get those. Please immerse yourself in the server rules before trying to correct people.
they do use them on planetaries though, the striker can only be used on planetaries and bombers and interceptors have been used on planetaries as well

Status
Not open for further replies.