Denied Group chats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusumi

Nov 12, 2022
Suggestion: Group chats

Group chats are a built in DarkRP module which as you would guess, the exact same as radios but for job groups.
pressing "u" or /g you can message everyone in the regiment, for example as sn ST i can message all ST jobs privately (same as radios).

How will this affect the server?: this will let anyone set binds to message all the regiment and communicate through text without having to use comms or PMs (also makes it alot easier for typers), for private matters or just quick communication. and takes about 4 seconds to config.
right now (by standard) group chat only works for people in the same job (field doctor can only group chat other field doctor)

ONLY downside it that it is locked to set jobs and only 1 job can be in 1 group chat (unlike radios).

Additional Notes/Relevant Links: everything is built into the DarkRP module

if there is bad grammar or spelling, sorry. not my first language

Deathman

Apr 4, 2022
Group chats are already a thing on the server? they work exactly like you described

Kusumi

Nov 12, 2022
thats is only for some regiments as far as i know, regiments such as medics dont have them

Narka

Narka uwu
Sep 10, 2021
when i was playing, medic couldnt talk to field doctor through group chat
Group chats work with the job. So if your on stormtrooper grenadier /g only works with those on stormtrooper grenadier ect.

If you want to talk to others, you have /comms, local voice chat, discord, PM's and alot more.

Kusumi

Nov 12, 2022
would it not be easier to have it for job factions? for those without a mic it will make it easier and not have multiple people putting messages in comms constantly

Narka

Narka uwu
Sep 10, 2021
would it not be easier to have it for job factions? for those without a mic it will make it easier and not have multiple people putting messages in comms constantly
The /g command is a built in feature from Garry's mod, not an addon. Also, if you do not have a mix you have /y (yell command), /comms, /pm and every discord voice channel has a text channel connected to it

Bellerophon

Aug 13, 2021
tbf having actual group chats would be useful. stops people spamming common messages in comms (which is already blended in with OOC) and not leaving 100 messages in discord tabbing in and out constantly. and /y across 2 decks isnt great either :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ballistic Dog

Management Team
Management Team
Jul 20, 2022
Denied.

90% sure it is already a thing. even if it isn't you have /comms to communicate

Status
Not open for further replies.