Denied Ik speed boost

Fishy

Aug 12, 2022
Suggestion: Ik speed boost

That Ik gets a speed boost as it is called a quick response force and cant really be quick if you cant run there fast

How will this affect the server?: It will make it so IK can get to a jedi/ force users location quicker and be more efficiant with their work

Additional Notes/Relevant Links: Sorry if this is not enough of a reason

Senzuwa

Forums Moderator
Aug 16, 2022
youtube.com

This isn't needed at all. You could use this exact argument for any trooper. Why shouldn't stormtroopers have double speed? They could get to the main forces objective quicker!

It doesn't make sense in lore or for gameplay to make force-users faster, you're just making it so unbalanced and unfair for every other regiment.

coxy.

Jun 23, 2022

This isn't needed at all. You could use this exact argument for any trooper. Why shouldn't stormtroopers have double speed? They could get to the main forces objective quicker!

It doesn't make sense in lore or for gameplay to make force-users faster, you're just making it so unbalanced and unfair for every other regiment.
They always used to have a speed boost, and it would make sense in lore since their is Force Speed/Dash

Lewij31

Administrator
Sep 23, 2021
+1 would make sense for them to be fast and they need to be fast sometimes

Senzuwa

Forums Moderator
Aug 16, 2022
youtube.com
They always used to have a speed boost, and it would make sense in lore since their is Force Speed/Dash

Even if you want to say "it's in lore" — it isn't. Not the way you want to make it.
Force speed, also known as burst of speed or Force sprint, was a core Force power that allowed the user to maintain sprinting speeds for a brief time.
Using Force speed had a draining effect on a Force-user's energy and metabolism, and required a longer recovery period.

If we want to talk lore, then the force users would have to be unable to use any abilities while their speed is active and then spend a long time recovering their power. That's why we never see anyone in the films or tv shows using it.

Futuregnat

Aug 20, 2022
+1 IK used to be the fastest regiment, we were placed as a quick response force for ISD events and mini events on the ship. Along with this IK is a close quarter combat regiment with no viable options for long range combat anymore with the Sorcerers losing force lighting and Marauders their saber throw so the speed will assist us with our job of getting up close, further more when EC's have the same speed as us they can just run with not much we are able to do since Sorcerers cant force pull the Jedi for some reason.

Futuregnat

Aug 20, 2022
Even if you want to say "it's in lore" — it isn't. Not the way you want to make it.

If we want to talk lore, then the force users would have to be unable to use any abilities while their speed is active and then spend a long time recovering their power. That's why we never see anyone in the films or tv shows using it.
Its a gmod server not everything is gonna be lore accurate and things can be changed for how the players want it.

also we saw force speed in the beginning of the phantom menace and in games such as jedi fallen order so saying we never saw it in films or tv shows doesn't really hold much weight.

cosmicspacedog

Event Planner
Mar 30, 2022
Your Fathers Bed
+1 they used to have it. Their a donator reg. You literally pay for perks above standard regs.

Edit: to also go off the -1 above, ST's have infinitely more range than people with pokey sticks, why would they need speed to be as fair as IK

Last edited:

Senzuwa

Forums Moderator
Aug 16, 2022
youtube.com
Its a gmod server not everything is gonna be lore accurate and things can be changed for how the players want it.

also we saw force speed in the beginning of the phantom menace and in games such as jedi fallen order so saying we never saw it in films or tv shows doesn't really hold much weight.
I wasn’t the one that brought up lore. That management person did. That’s why I said he was wrong because it doesn’t make sense in the lore he was saying.

I didn’t say we never saw it in films, I said it was very rarely used because of the power it consumes. And force speed isn’t actually a speed boost but it slows down time for the person.

Senzuwa

Forums Moderator
Aug 16, 2022
youtube.com
+1 they used to have it. Their a donator reg. You literally pay for perks above standard regs.

Edit: to also go off the -1 above, ST's have infinitely more range than people with pokey sticks, why would they need speed to be as fair as IK
They have perks now. They have an entire exclusive system of combat that’s been locked away from all the other players.

For movement they already have force jump so I’m confused why this would ever be needed.

I always thought server feedback was for the server. Not for one group inside the server.

Futuregnat

Aug 20, 2022
They have perks now. They have an entire exclusive system of combat that’s been locked away from all the other players.

For movement they already have force jump so I’m confused why this would ever be needed.

I always thought server feedback was for the server. Not for one group inside the server.
We had an exclusive system before and had a speed boost with that system furthermore about that system IK was alot stronger, with the new system the enjoyment is alot higher for that tho and players who do not have IK can be chosen to be a jedi on events can use the system

force jump is only directly up and during cqc not exactly the most effective since it leaves IK vulnerable.

Server feedback is for the server whether it effects a small amount of people or a large amount of people doesn't really matter

You say we have perks but compared to the old system the majority of IK have lost 200 max hp, their speed, all of their armour, over 20 unique force powers and some other small things that came with the old system (not complaining i love the new system but the old one was alot stronger for IK)

Senzuwa

Forums Moderator
Aug 16, 2022
youtube.com
We had an exclusive system before and had a speed boost with that system furthermore about that system IK was alot stronger, with the new system the enjoyment is alot higher for that tho and players who do not have IK can be chosen to be a jedi on events can use the system

force jump is only directly up and during cqc not exactly the most effective since it leaves IK vulnerable.

Server feedback is for the server whether it effects a small amount of people or a large amount of people doesn't really matter

You say we have perks but compared to the old system the majority of IK have lost 200 max hp, their speed, all of their armour, over 20 unique force powers and some other small things that came with the old system (not complaining i love the new system but the old one was alot stronger for IK)
You had speed in the old system but now you don’t. There’s always going to be people upset with change. Change is scary!! But instead of moving forward with innovative ideas you are disrespecting this entire forums category by crying about something as small as a speed boost.

I think it would be really nice if feedback was platform for sharing ideas to move the community forward instead of a collection of posts which are motivated by greed and taking the server backwards.

You may have different perks now but overall, I believe you have gained more than you have "lost" from this update.

Futuregnat

Aug 20, 2022
You had speed in the old system but now you don’t. There’s always going to be people upset with change. Change is scary!! But instead of moving forward with innovative ideas you are disrespecting this entire forums category by crying about something as small as a speed boost.

I think it would be really nice if feedback was platform for sharing ideas to move the community forward instead of a collection of posts which are motivated by greed and taking the server backwards.

You may have different perks now but overall, I believe you have gained more than you have "lost" from this update.
sorry for disrespecting the forums by expressing my opinion wont happen again ma'am, sorry ma'am!

Sorry for being greedy for expressing my opinion and discussing it wont happen again ma'am, sorry ma'am! (also didnt you suggest on the medic feedback to add defibs back to fmed's? isn't that taking the server backwards?)

Sure we have gained more enjoyment and a better over all system however the fact that currently IK is still a QRF and jedi can just run away makes it alot harder to do our job some times so all we ask is for a tiny speed boost to make our life some what easier. And i must ask have you played with the new system on IK yet?